Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day 25: Exploring Sofia


Today was a free day to explore Sofia and a group of us (Kristen, Myra, Bob, and I) decided to do a hike up Vitosha Mountain! We were able to reach the summit -- so Go Us! Although, I have to admit, we did take the Gondola up most of the way and then we hiked 30 minutes to the summit...BUT we did hike down 2 hours and then took another Gondola...so we did quite a bit of walking.



I made a bad decision...I didn't put on sunscreen. I think I was lazy and since it was windy and cold, I didn't think about the sun much. I now have a slightly weird sunburn on my arms and the back of my neck! It's a good thing that we'll be staying in the hotel having lectures most of this week :)


Hopefully I can even out my skin tone: at the moment I'm three-toned with very white, slightly tanned, and red. I look funny...although everyone else says I look fine (maybe they're just being nice to me???)

After the mountain we took a taxi to a laundry mat where we picked out our detergent and "scent" and we are now waiting the three hours for the laundry lady to do our wash and dry our clothes. I can't wait to have super-clean clothes. Even though I've been washing in the tub with my little bottle of concentrated All detergent, I don't feel like my clothes are really all that clean. It will be nice for it to be scented clean :)

Tonight I'm having dinner with Ms. Lina (your sub at the end of the school year). She is taking Myra and me out to a nice dinner with a view of the city. I'm sure it will be lovely!

Hope you're all doing well. I've been missing all of the comments on my blog though. I'm guessing you students have completely forgotten about your freshman English teacher...but I'd love to hear from some of the rest of you who are reading. Any funny laundry experiences when traveling abroad? Any questions about what Bulgaria is like that I can answer or find out the answer to? Any funny stories that I should know since I've been away for quite a while?

No comments: